Workshops, Conferences, and Coaching
Workshops within organizations: We work with companies that understand that there is more to retirement planning than the financial aspects and recognize the importance of lifestyle and transition planning as well. Our in-person and virtual workshops help mature workers (aged 50 and up) prepare for their transition into retirement.
Conferences and webinars: We take our mission to change how people think about retirement seriously and accept speaking engagements to share the wisdom we have acquired over the years about how life in retirement is being transformed.
Mini-workshops: We facilitate dynamic and interactive mini-workshops aimed at creating awareness about Lifestyle Retirement Planning and Positivity at any stage of life.
Individual Retirement Coaching: We offer a variety of personalized coaching programs. Using our Rethinking Retirement framework, individuals reflect, explore options, and plan their transition into retirement and the lifestyle they wish to have in their next phase of life.
Participants complete our Rethinking Retirement Checkup © questionnaire either prior to or at the end of the workshop. During the workshop, they learn about the four key areas of Rethinking Retirement while participating in several interactive exercises. They start documenting several choices they want to pursue in a personalized retirement transition plan.
Full day In-Person Workshops
Designed for 10-15 participants.
In this in-person, highly interactive format, participants learn about and explore each of the four key areas of Rethinking Retirement. They learn about the theory behind Rethinking Retirement, do some individual reflection, and participate in small group discussions. At the end of the day, participants complete the Rethinking Retirement Checkup © to help them start to creating an action plan that they will fine tune on their own after the workshop.
We work with organizations to adapt this full-day program to their operational needs.
Four 2-hour virtual modules
Designed for 6 or more individuals
Participants come together on a virtual platform to learn about and explore each of the four key areas of Rethinking Retirement. The sessions cover a bit of theory, some individual reflection, and small group discussions in virtual breakout rooms. At the end of the four-part workshop, participants have started to create an action plan that they will fine tune on their own after the workshop.
We work with organizations to determine a timing and frequency of the fours sessions that meet their operational needs. We also offer additional individual coaching to complement the four modules.
We provide individual coaching for people who prefer a more personalized service rather than attending a workshop. We work with our clients to offer a program that best meets their needs and budget.
An awareness building program that starts with the individual completing our Rethinking Retirement Checkup © questionnaire and includes a coaching session to discuss the questionnaire results and level of retirement readiness in each of the four key areas: Contribution, Well-Being, Connection, and Purpose.
Program with Coaching & Action planning
Includes all of the elements of the Basic Program plus an additional coaching session to help individuals deepen their reflection and start building a plan around specific key areas.
Includes all of the elements of the Basic Program and a predetermined number of in-depth coaching sessions and follow-ups. Clients receive a documented action plan that they will have co-created through discussions with their coach.
Positivity Workshops and Conferences
The field of Positive Psychology has influenced our Rethinking Retirement approach. Remaining positive and resilient through each life transition is key to flourishing at any stage of life. We offer our Positivity Workshops to groups of all ages wishing to instil more positivity in their lives and learn to bounce back from life's adversities.
Mental toughness keeps you acting when you most want to quit. Until recently, people thought you either had it or you didn't. But a growing body of research reveals that mental toughness, or "resilience", is not only a mindset that separates those who succeed from those who plateau, it is also a teachable and buildable skill.
Through this flexible and modular program, participants gain the following skills:
- Learn what resilience is and why it matters.
- Tap their existing resilience and give it an upgrade.
- Understand how adversities are essential to success.
- Learn to redirect stress before it becomes distress.
- Uncover the basic mental, emotional & physical skills of resilience and how to build them.
Module 1: Growth Mindset: From Judgment to Curiosity
Uncover the science of success. Research shows that growth mindset is what separates people who succeed & thrive with those who languish. Learn a simple technique to keep you on the path of learning & resilience to combat judgment, criticism, self-doubt, frustration & worry.
- Learn why some people plateau while others flourish.
- Understand how to turn obstacles into opportunities.
- Practice preventing negative self-fulfilling prophecies.
- Learn to curb harmful judgments and criticism.
- Understand how to redirect toxic thoughts.
- Stay solution focused when your brain wants to be problem focused.
- Decrease stress and feelings of overwhelm.
- Feel empowered with tools for showing up in the world the way you want to.
- Distinguish between growth mindset and fixed mindset thoughts, feelings and actions.
- Understand how beliefs become self-fulfilling prophecies.
- Debunk fixed mindset from the perspective of cognitive neuroscience.
- Understand the malleability of the human mind.
- Identify best practices for redirecting judgment, blame and social comparison into useful tendencies such as curiosity, proactivity and win-win problem solving.
Module 2: Emotional Intelligence: Befriending Negativity & Leveraging Positivity
Research shows that emotional intelligence (EQ) is a more powerful predictor of success than IQ, education level, or other things that we might typical expect to find. The ability to recognize and redirect emotions that are not helpful, is rarely taught to us, yet it’s an essential skillset for success. It is what separates people who are reactive and feel out of control of their emotions from those who achieve a sense of personal mastery. Join us to uncover what emotions are, how they operate, and how to get more of the ones that you want and work with the emotions that you don’t want so that you are in control.
- Learn how to master your emotions.
- Feel the way you want to feel, when you want to feel it.
- Understand where negative emotions come from and how to work with them.
- Learn how to unburden yourself from the wrath of self-criticism.
- Understand where your inner critic comes from and how to tame it.
- Uncover why your brain defaults to what’s not working.
- Learn simple ways to create greater happiness and wellbeing in your life.
- Free yourself from the weight of worry, judgment and self-doubt.
- Move through negative emotions with greater ease.
- Build your emotional intelligence.
Module 3: Balance: Strength & Flexibility
Everyone knows that physical activity is important to your health and wellbeing, however, few people realize why and how simple it can be to be a healthier, more vibrant you. Join us to learn about your mind-body connection and simple ways to improve your vitality. Learn about how your body is wired and get inspired to get moving.
- Discover how your body affects your mind.
- Learn about how physical activity affects your mental and emotional health.
- Uncover simple ways to add movement into your life to make you physically more resilient.
- Learn the science behind why physical activity boosts brain power.
- Learn why it’s hard to make movement a priority and how avoid the procrastination trap.
- Discover how to create lasting positive lifestyle changes.
- Understand your autonomic nervous system to feel more in control of your body.